Panagiotis Siozos (PhD in the field of interaction of strong laser pulses with molecules from Physics Department, University of Ioannina, Greece). He has research experience for over ten years in various research fields related to laser-physics and he is involved in a number of research projects having a significant number of publications and participation in conferences. Currently he is working at IESL-FORTH as research assistant. His research interests include the development and optimization of mobile instrumentation on laser and optical spectroscopic methods (i.e. LIBS, Raman and Diffuse Reflectance) with emphasis to the development of analytical methodologies for their broad implementation in the study and investigation of Cultural Heritage materials (i.e. automatic detection of chemical elements and characterisation of LIBS spectra etc.).
- 2007, PhD, Molecular Physics, Univ. of Ioannina, Greece
- 1999, BSc, Physics , Univ. of Ioannina, Greece
- 10/2008-today , Post-doctoral researcher, IESL-FORTH
- 2/2007 – 9/2008 Working in the R&D department of NIKI Information Technologies & Digital Engineering Ltd
- Laser based analysis of cultural heritage materials. Methodology and instrumentation
- Development of portable spectroscopic instruments
- Laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS)
- Raman micro-spectroscopy
- Pulsed laser systems, Spectroscopy and mass spectrometry detection systems
- Development of data acquisition and data analysis software
- Qualified to the final stage of the competition “Greece Innovates: 2nd Competition for Applied Research & Innovation”, 2013, presented the LMNT II portable laser device for rapid and direct identification of chemical elements in solid materials.