Dr. Fillipidis Aggelos
Office Phone: (+30) 2810 39 1345
Lab Phone: (+30) 2810 39 1332
Aggelos Philippidis received his Doctorate degree from Chemistry Department, University of Crete, Greece, in 2009. His thesis was on the study of molecular compounds metal-chalcogenides: Synthesis, Characterization and study of their solution chemistry. He received his master degree from the same department, in 2003. At that period he has investigated the geographical and botanical classification of Greek extra virgin olive oil by NMR spectroscopy and chemometrics. He received his B.Sc. degree from the same department, in 2001. He is currently performing his post-doctoral studies at IESL-FORTH Crete, Greece. During his post-doctoral research he has focused on the development of a prototype Raman system for the analysis of art works and cultural heritage objects. He has published 30 articles in international refereed journals in total and 8 of them, in the field of analytical techniques and cultural heritage objects.
- 2009, PhD, Chemistry Department, Univ. of Crete, Greece
- 2003, MSc. Chemistry Department, Univ. of Crete, Greece
- 1996, BSc, Chemistry Department, Univ. of Crete, Greece
- 2009-today, Post-doctoral researcher, IESL-FORTH
- Spectroscopic analytical methods in the field of culture heritage and agro-foods.
- Methodology and instrumentation Raman micro-spectroscopy.
- Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering (SERS)
- Development of portable Raman spectrometer
Portable laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy/diffuse reflectance hybrid spectrometer for analysis of inorganic pigments