Dr. Zoumi Katerina
Senior PostDoctoral Fellow
Dr Aikaterini Zoumi obtained her PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering at the University of California, Irvine, USA. Her doctorate and post-doctorate research was conducted at the Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, and involved the utilization of multiphoton microscopy and spectroscopy of micro-structural tissue and cellular components in order to address specific biological questions. She received her M.S. degree from the Department of Production Engineering and Management of the Technical University of Crete, Greece. During her M.S. research, she studied the formation of chlorination by-products during disinfection of treated wastewater. She received her B.S. degree from the Department of Mineral Resources Engineering of the Technical University of Crete, Greece. Her undergraduate thesis focused on trace element and radioactivity analysis of aerosol particles, produced from lignitic power stations in Greece. She is currently a post-doctoral researcher at IESL/FORTH focusing on the development of specialized optical spectroscopic analysis methods for the identification and origin and quality control of agricultural products.
- 2003, Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Irvine, USA
- 1998, M.Sc. in Production Engineering and Management, Technical University of Crete, Greece
- 1996, B.Sc. in Mineral Resources Engineering, Technical University of Crete, Greece
- 1993–1998: Outstanding Student Scholarship from National Scholarship Foundation, Greece.
- 1998–1999: Regents’ Fellowship, University of California, Irvine, USA.
- 1999 – 2000: Whitaker Foundation Biomedical Engineering Graduate Fellowship, University of California, Irvine School of Engineering, USA.
- 2001 - present: member of the Optical Society of America
- 2001 - present: member of the SPIE-International Society for Optical Engineering
- 2001 - present: member of Women in Optics
- 2004 - 2005: Honored member of Manchester Who’s Who